Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FPGA using altera UP-2 educational kit by ALTERA, pls help

What is the no.1 maker of FPGA's

• XLINIX

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ALTERA

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

macequina

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone. I have purchased the UP-2 Educational kit of ALTERA but I find it disappointing because the moment I have the kit Altera has a new product already. Do you have any comments regarding ALTERA? Is it the best (No.1) producer of FPGA? pls post your feedbacks and comments. thanks.:D

FPGA using @ltera UP-2 educational kit by @ltera, pls help

i think the UP2 is good enough if you just use it for your first course or second course in digital design...

btw, why dont u buy the DE2? a bit more expensive but worth it...

it wont be like who is the best, it's wad customer prefer or more familiar...

regards
sp

FPGA using @ltera UP-2 educational kit by @ltera, pls help

I don't think it is really matter which kit or from whom you pick up (Altera, Xilinx, Lattice Actel) design flow constrains pretty match the same. all of them have free software
When you start design for real world thinks look different ie you start looking on the pricing, supply chain, tech support, upgrade path and etc...

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.