Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help needed with signal duration

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_anderson

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
i will state my problem in simplified way, i have a square signal ( digital one) with time of 1 second on and off for the rest of time ,i want to minize the width of this signal from 1 second to any very small value such as 1 microsecond or 1 millisecond , in other words i want to have another signal with frequency of 1 kilo hz or some higher value to be generated when a signal of 1 hz is applied , can i do this with hardware , i donot want to use software processing .
thank u all

mr_anderson,
If I understand your question, you want to generate a single pulse of controllable duration whenever the 1 sec "1" pulse appears. Is this correct?
Regards,
Kral

thank u guys, but i have invented a simple circuit itz simply the AND gate and the inverter the 7408 and the 7404 in which i would input the signal directly to the AND gate on input 1 and then i would invert the same signal with the 7404 making use of the delay provided by this gate which is at least 9 nano seconds then the output is fed to input 2 of the AND gate this way i will get an output of 9 nano seconds for any input of any width and i can increase the width by using 3 inverters or 5 keep in mind to keep it odd cuz the even willnot work i mean it will provide large duration ( it will cut the 9 nano seconds from the input signal ) so any ideas reviews comments .
Karl itz right as u stated it, Regards
Thank u all again

Historically, the first military communications had the form of sending/receiving simple signals (often hidden or encoded to be unrecognizeable for the enemy). Respectively, the first distinctive tactics of military communications were called Signals, while units specializing in those tactics received the Signal Corps name. Later Signals became a highly-distinct military occupation dealing rather with general communications methods (similar to those in civil use) than with weapons.

Present-day militaries of an informational society conduct very intense and complicated communicating activities on a daily basis, using modern high-tech telecommunications and computing methods. Only a small part of these activities is immediately related to the combat actions. That's why some prefer the term "military communications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back