Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help to design a filter using Matlab?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PraveeGoud

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am trying to design a digital filter using the following parameters with use of MATLAB

1) sampling frequency 2)Order 3)Filter cutoff frequency

Is it possible design a filter these three parameters.

Please tell me how to design a filter with matlab.since i have two frequencies at the input of filter .I have to pass those two through filter and has to show that only one among those is passing and other is suppressed by the LPF.

I have to design like that f1=100hz ,f2 =200 Hz

Filter cutoff frequency=150 Hz.

Any one please tell me the procedure for completing this design since i have to submit my assignmet with in one week.

Thanks in advance,
PraveeGoud

Hi, ...
Look, I will send you my report in my faculty, ASU. You consider the last question with its answer. I believ in that will help you.
Regards,
Wael

The order affects the stiffness of the transition region of a filter.

Why not using filter design toolbox in MATLAB. just type fdatool, you can find everything you want there, you also can export designed filter coefficients to MALTAB or to a DSP.

you need to decide what kind of filter you want to use, ie, fir or iir.

mhamed said:
Why not using filter design toolbox in MATLAB. just type fdatool, you can find everything you want there, you also can export designed filter coefficients to MALTAB or to a DSP.

look at the fdatool a friendly GUI that gives you high flexibilty and degree of insight for make your filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back