Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Component Replacements/Substitutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spork

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
transistor 1402d

Hello, I am putting together a circuit and I do not have the exact model of transistor in the schematic (BC547B).
The circuit requires two of them and as most of us, I have a bunch of other transistors. I was wondering if I could just substitute them out for the ones I have. The thing I'm not sure about is how do I know what is a good substitution and what is not?
One needed (BC547B)
One's I have on hand (MPSA05, MPSA06, MPSA56, 1402D, 417-219, 2N3702, D545-D8C, D655-F, ECG382, D261-R79, 2SD261)

Circuit is below, if you need a reference for what they are used for.
h**p://www.jdm.homepage.dk/newpic.htm

Thanks,
Spork

d545+transistor

Ok, this is your sittuation... you can go to any shop that sells electronic components and buy yourself a BC547 or you could use the 2N3702. The characteristics of the 2N3702 are pretty similair to the BC547. The BC547 is probably one of the most popular transistors and you showld always have a few laying around.

Good Luck

Spork

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
bc547 substitution

You can use 2N3702, but just keep it under 100MHz, PIC programmer should work. But the best is to listen to RossiRPI and buy BC547B.

Spork

equivalent of 2n3702

The subtitute is up to your need. Just find out the real working current/voltage/power dissipation/frequency/hfe of the transistor in your circuit, so you choose the one with parameters higher than needed, and it is OK.

nguyennam

Spork

can 2n2222 substitute bc547

I will go ahead and buy the correct part, I was just wondering how to tell.

Thank you,
Spork

choosing transistor mpsa06

Hello, after searching a lot for this part I had no luck. I then decided to find the closest part I could. Lo and behold there is a newer part made by the same manufacturers with nearly the same exact specs. The BC107B.

Is it just new version of the same transistor?

~Spork

2n3702 equivalent

Spork, I am sorry not to look at the circuit you showed at the beginning.

In this case, any low frequency small signal Si-npn transistor will work, such as BC107, you need no care about the other parameters.

nguyennam

Spork

electronic component substitutions

nguyennam said:
Spork, I am sorry not to look at the circuit you showed at the beginning.

In this case, any low frequency small signal Si-npn transistor will work, such as BC107, you need no care about the other parameters.

nguyennam

Thank you for the responses, I have learned a lot about electronics from this board. This is just one more thing I'll know for the future.

~Spork

bc547 substitute

It is very nice to hear you say that. Your case right now is the same with mine a few years ago at my beginning of electronics, at that time, I tried to collect every document related to replacement and equivalent of semiconductor components. Once I became more skillful, I found out that most of those kinds of documents are really useless when I understand well about components and circuits, and the real component markets.

Wish you prove yourself quickly in electronics.
nguyennam

Status
Not open for further replies.