Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF TRANSMISSION OF RANGE 1KM

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRAN A HOLLA

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HELLO EVERYBODY,

I NEED DETAILS OF RF TRANSMISSION/RECEPTION OF RANGE WHICH IS MORE THAN 1 KM..
THE DATA IS DIGITAL OF 8 BITS.

PLEASE SOMEBODY GUIDE ME, HOW TO GO ABOUT WITH THIS PROJECT.

You can use an already made RF module or you can build your own... For an already made module have a look at www.rfsolutions.co.uk they have the AM-RT4/5-XXX. the XXX will be the frequency at which you want the trahsmision to be. If you want to build your own then you can use the max1470/1/2/3 transmiters and receivers from maxim though it's not that easy to find the required oscilators. Just google it.

Rossi :D

thanks rossi for your reply.

i will go through the site which you have specified. do you know the antenna size..i might be using 433MHz osc.

hi,

You can use a half wave dipole whose length at your frequency should be 0.3464m.

Br.

I doubt you will use a 433MHz osc since they dont make 433MHz oscilators!!! The tranceivers use oscillators ranging from 4 to 14 MHz, just read their datasheets. As to the antenna... It will be easiest to just use a 50 Ohm antenna which you can buy from most electronic shops. Otherwise you can make your won though the only thing I can tell you bout that is that you will have to match the antenna to the circuit which is usually done with an L circuit.

Rossi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back