Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interfacing BenQ GSM modem to 8051

Status
Not open for further replies.

pratikjog

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
modem gsm benq m23

i am using an 8051 to send SMS through a BenQ GSM modem. I would like to know the handshaking signals required for communication between the uc and modem.Also is the 8051 a DTE or DCE? Can u also give me the connection diagram between MAX 232 and the DB9 connector.
Thank you.

datasheet benq m22 pdf

helo... your can connect your modem using null modem connection.... we need only tree wire to connect it gnd, tx and rx.... 8051 uart does not have DTE or DCE....

benq modem m22

thnx for the info.. but ive tried the null modem connection. i think the modem also requires some handshaking signals which i cannot figure out. Ive tried connecting DTR,CTS,RTS and DSR but still i cannot establish communication between the uc and modem!! pls help!!!

m22 benq modem

the easier way you can used 8251 uart, all the handshaking will be done by 8251 ... but i prefer you to used interrupt as cts...try it....used other i/o pin as handshaking pin

Added after 14 minutes:

how about you connect rts and cts of gsm modem together and dtr to dsr...try this... i think this can work...

m22 interfacing benq

sorry i did nit get what u trying to say... can u pls elaborate more..

benq m22 pdf

TRY TO SEE THIS PICTURE

thank you for the diagram.. u mean to say rts and cts, dsr a dtr will hv to shorted on the 8051 side rite?

I MEAN THAT WE JUST CONNECT RX,TX AND GROUND BETWEEN 8051 AND GSM MODEM...

thanx a lot.. will do that in get in touch with u again!!

TELL ME THE RESULT...ITS OK... I GLAD TO HELP YOU...

What modem are you talking about? Is it Benq m22 or m23? They are almost the same.

I have used this modem before many times. You do not need to convert any signal if your going to use it with a microcontroller. You only need max232 level converter if your going to connect it to a computer. I recommend you to try to communicate using a computer first, after establishing a connection and trying some "AT" command try using a microcontroller with simple program like sending "AT" command and wait for a "OK" reply.

I'll try to find the diagram I use, just tell me if it is M22. I also have some pdf files I'm willing to share (ex. datasheet, interfacing sample) just tell me what you need.

Re: interfacing wavecom GSM modem to 8051

hey thnx for the info.. but now ill be using a wavecom modem manufactured by chipsilicon. let me know if u have any information about using this modem with 8051.

Hi

I am using benq m23a.. i need to interface with PIC micro controller.. Can you please share the diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.