Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with driving the power stage in PWM design

Status
Not open for further replies.

babinton

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to build a PWM using an IC for an inverter that has about 16 power mosfet and i am worried about how to drive the power stage from the output of the pwm device which can only give a triangular and square wae ouput of about 9Volts at 20mA. please, help

Re: Building PWM

Hi,

Are you having problems driving the output of the pwm or building the pwm. If you want to drive it. I think you can just pick a driver ic that suits your requirement.

Regards
Jeffrey

Building PWM

Could you describe the answer more exactly~?

Re: Building PWM

Hi,
Thanks for your reply, What I am trying to do is to build a PWM that will generate the gating signal that is going to drive the output power switch of an inverter of a very high capacity (6000VA).The problem is if I am going to use a driver IC, I don't know which one to use b'cos I have never work with such ICs before. Also, I need to know the IC that I can use to generate the PWM signal.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back