Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can i test the LNA to suit to my calculated figure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian39

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How can i test the LNA?

How can i test the LNA to suit to my calculated figure, such as Gain , NF , VSW,etc? which tools or equipments can be used?Pls make detailed mention.Some instances will be appreciated. Thanks

You will need an rf signal generator, spectrum analyzer, noise meter, network analyzer + attenuators, filters.

For measuring output power, connect the signal generator to the input and check the output power with the spectrum analyzer (if the output power is more than 30 dbm insert an att). Check also the harmonics generated by the LNA, for this, first you have to filter out the harmonics of the signal generator itself and check if also the harmonics are generated in the LNA or in the spectrum anal. For the matching network you will need the network analyzer and for measutinf the noise figure a noise meter.

best regards,

mimoto

Mimoto, Thanks a million !

I hope you could so kind to provide me some instances above.

Best regard

Re: How can i test the LNA?

brian39 said:
How can i test the LNA to suit to my calculated figure, such as Gain , NF , VSW,etc? which tools or equipments can be used?Pls make detailed mention.Some instances will be appreciated. Thanks

i wonder you have Agilent Noise Figure Meter? and the noise sourse? using this equipment, the noise figure measurement can be done by anybody.

using network analyzer (hp), you can easily get the gain and VSW. you can visit agilent website to check for the equipment suit to your frequency range.

You can find very good Application notes on the Agilent web site.
They have test procedures for all these test. You should look there
and try Rhoade Schwartz(SP?) web site. It will be good for you to
see all of the support they have, so if you ever have problems you
know where to get help, and you can download these App Notes too.

I hope this helps

Re: How can i test the LNA?

just to add some,
do you know 1.) how to do calibration? 2.) high frequency PCB design 3.) on board matching? 4.) are you tested with probing or PCB 5.) you should also have the calibration kit 6.) are you measuring product or own-design chip?

Measurements

Hello
you can measure the input compression point of LNA and mixers accurately using Network analyser.
Have a try

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back