Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Schematic of Laser Projector/Beamer design

Status
Not open for further replies.

noufalck

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
galvanometer servo projector

in this project laser is used to display video on walls...its programmed,low cost,compact an superb

laser projector chan

so, where is the project? :)
there are no attachments in your post.

Re: laser projector.

zipped file with complete details...guys its really nice

i did a design just like this ..5 years ago .But instead of a slow servo i used a cheap .$10 optical galvanometer and got better results ...But there is a big problem //The projected image is very weak to be useful ..you have to use a very POWERFULL expenssive Laser to get a useful image..Then the project becomes expensive ..and is better to use 2 galavanometers with Vector scaning instead of mechanical raster .

eltonjohn said:
But instead of a slow servo i used a cheap .$10 optical galvanometer and got better results [...] and is better to use 2 galavanometers with Vector scaning instead of mechanical raster .
Could you post a link to the optical galvanometers that you've been using? I've never heard about the optical galvanomters before, and I'm curious.

Another cheap and fast alternative to a servo in this project would be an oscillating mirror (probably, with an angle readout). When you want make a point, with the laser, you would wait until the mirror oscillation is in the desired phase and then apply the laser. (Some barcode readers work like that, except the laser is constantly on.) However, one would need 2 oscillating mirrors. And here's a twist: 2 oscillators with const frequencies can't provide an arbitrary combination of phases they can put pixels only on Lissajous figure lines. But if the frequencies are large and mutually-prime, it's possible to make a sufficiently dense Lissajous grid.

see here http://elm-chan.org/works/vlp/report_e.html this guy did it all !!!

ps that idea with lissajous courbes has been tried by a friend but is complicated and not very linear..but once again ..the laser has to be very powerfull for such a little gain ...Is better to use several cheap lasers in a different configuration..

Chan is the MAN!

Good morning, I am actually dealing with the laser projector from elm-chan.org
I have built the controller board, designed new printed circuit board, but after assembly and loading data into MMC card, the controller displays "no item" even if there are files(*.txt , *.frm) in MMC card.
have you experienced this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back