Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Estimate coverage and calculate capacity of CDMA 2000-1X

Status
Not open for further replies.

nguyencamly

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
caculator capacity in cdma

i am studying this suject. ple help me. Besides i will simulate with EXcel. I need references about this problem.
ple help me

nguyencamly,

Here is a .xls CDMA 1x capacity calculator and a .xls that caculates composite Ec/Io with several interfering signals present.

The coverage for any given cell will depend on what frequency is being used, the terrain and clutter involved and how clean the Ec/Io values really are.

Here is the free space loss calculation:

Path Loss Calculations for
FCC Part 15 Radio Systems.

The theoretical transmission range of a Part 15 radio system is calculated by the end to end path loss equation developed by John Pierce of Bell Telephone Laboratories:

PL = 20 log(F) + 20 log(S) - G1 - G2 - 27.6 [1]

where,

F = frequency in Mhz,
S = distance in meters between the radio transmitter and receiver in meters,
20 log(F) = gain of a isotropic receiving antenna, and
G1, G2 = antenna gains of the transmitter and receiver antennas.

The allowable path loss determines the range of the Part 15 radio system. The free air or line of site transmission loss will be discussed first and next the effects of objects or discontinuities in the transmission path will be discussed later section - Why Part 15 Systems Do Not Reach Their Potential Range.

The Federal Communications Commission regulates the transmitted signal's field strength, in most cases. The combination of output power and antenna gain determine the transmitter's field strength. Thus, in most practical cases the "best" antenna for a Part 15 transmitter is an antenna that radiates equally well in all directions. Most electically small antennas allow the implementation of an essentially isotropic antenna. Examples of nearly isotropic antennas are electrically small loop antennas and properly designed quad-filar antennas.

The minimum received signal power level is defined by the receiver noise figure and the minimum signal to noise ratio needed to maintain the design bit error rate, or the receive background noise level and the required minimum signal level to maintain the design bit error rate.

Rearranging the Transmission Path Loss Equation [1] to obtain the received power level referenced to the transmitted power.

Pr = Pt - PL = Pt - 20 log(F) - 20 log(S) + G1 + G2 + 27.6 [2]

where

Pt = Transmitted Power (specified by the FCC)
Pr = Received Power (determined by desired BER and noise levels

Pr = Pt - G1 - 20 log(F) + 27.6 (1) + G2 - 20 log(S) [3]

rearranging to calculate distance we obtain

20 log(S) = Pt - G1 + 27.6 (1) + G2 - 20 log(F) - Pr [4]

20 log(S) = [Pt - G1 + 27.6 (1) + G2 - log(F) - Pr] / 20 [5]

log(S) = [Pt - G1 + 27.6 (1) + G2 - 20 log(F) - Pr] / 20 [6]

S = 10 [Pt - G1 + 27.6 (1) + G2 - 20 log(F) - Pr] / 20 [7]
Transmitted Field Strength =
Pt - G1 - 20 log(S) + 27.6 (1) + G2 - 20 log(F)
[Required Receiver Sensitivity] [4]

Hope this helps.

Mindrover

Status
Not open for further replies.