Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to measure inductance with s-parameter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinito

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want to measure inductor on network analyzer. How do I go from S-parameter to inductance? How does one measure leakage and magnetizing inductance through S-parameter? Thanks.

Hi, chinito:

1. If your s-parameters are for 1-port, you can just convert it to Z11 and fit it as Z11 = R + j omega* L.

2. If your s-parameters are for 2-ports, you might want to convert it to Y parameters. Then, you find Z = 1 / Y12 and fit Z = R + j omega * L.

3. I don't think you can separate L into different parts. Different parts are just for some kind of explanation. S-parameters are from the overall results. It includes the effects of all the factors. You just can separate teh effects into different parts.

Regards.

Hey Jian,

Please tell me how you are getting the impedance to be Z = 1/Y(1 2). I would really appreciate it. This is a little urgent!

Thanks so much!
Kas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back