Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Program for converting Matlab code to VHDL

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzoorroo

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
i need a program to convert a Matlab code (gui) to Vhdl.....
hope for replay...

matlab hdl

hi
i don't mention simulink
i have heared that there is a program convert a Matlab program to aVHDL
can you upload it or tell me where i can download this program....

vhdl matlab

hi
all this time and i have no answer .!!!!!!!!!!
i really need a program convert matlab code to vhdl code
where i can find that program

matlab hdl coder

I gave you the answer to convert from matlab language to VHDL there is only one program Acceldsp ..There is no other !.But don't go THINKING that it will convert every MATLAB FUNCTION there is ..the reason is some matlab callable functions are not written in matlab language ,but for speed purposes are optimized in native machine language ..So there is no POSIBILITY of recovering that CODE !

matlab and vhdl

hi
thanks for interest.....
but where can i find this program !!!!!!! "Acceldsp"
hope you can give me the exact location of this program..
thanks

vhdl to matlab

I think AccelDSP is not an enough solution for complex .m files. You should model your algorithm in a signal flow diagram manner and then try to write your own VHDL code for each block in your diagram. Then verify with ModelSim simulator or any other simulation tool then verify the results by comparing with Matlab output. This is what i am doing now. :( It seems time consuming but i have tried too many ways. If anyone has a better idea i want to now.

Regards

comparison between matlab and vhdl

For that

"You need Link to Modelsim"

Added after 1 minutes:

**broken link removed**

Added after 1 minutes:

**broken link removed**

octave matlab vhdl

There are two tools in my knowledge that can convert MATLAB code to VHDL.
(1) AccelDSP (From Xilinx)
(2) System generator
Here AccelDSp comes from Xilinx and its a very costly software. U can request for a 30 day evaluation product from www.Xilinx.com
Xilinx System generator Does not exactly convert Matlab code , it convert only Xilinx blockset based desgn to VHDL or bitstream, Again the trial version available from Xilinx.com

Other vendors must be providing their tools, Please search the internet for details reg that.

Link to ModelSim is for CoSimulation between the Simulink design and the VHDL design blocks. That is my view.

from matlab to vhdl

in my kownledge you can use matlab hdl coder or search the internet for match compiler that convert matlab code to vhdl or convert matlab to c then use stream c program

hdl matlab

In my humble knowledge, der is no MATLAB hdl coder.
I havent seen one to be more exact. Der are those vendor provided tools like above from diff ppl.

If der is, i wil be happy to knw about it.

matlab to hdl

i think there's a trick we can do, we can build our program made in matlab to a c++ native, then export to another program like ALDEC HDL, and convert to VHDL, i think it works better if we convert from c++ to vhdl, than matlab, althought matlab uses C, but not the nativeone... if im wrong please someone !... thats just an idea...:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back