Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to connect TP-051 GPS receiver to PC via 8051?

Status
Not open for further replies.

royal_stalin

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

Im new to GPS technology. I have TP-051 receiver which can be directly connected to PC. But i want it to be connected to 8051 microcontroller and pass only GPRMC data to PC.

Can anybody help me out?

Thank you

Re: GPS interfacing

Check this out:

In your case Rx pin of 8051 will be used to receive data from GPS module and Tx pin will transmit extracted string(s) to PC serial port ..

Regards,
IanP

Hi

There was a very good article on circuit celler on this issue .
serch for it, I am sorry I don't have it now.

Salam
Hossam Alzomor
www.i-g.org

to interface a GPS with microcontroller you can use the microcontroller serial port. The rx pin can receive the data and the tx pin can transmit the data to Pc. Also you can connect the GPs output to any pin and use the while loop to get the data constantly.
to filter the required string from GPS use the softwares available to configure the GPS for any particular string

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back