Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

electron and hole mobility on mechanical stress

Status
Not open for further replies.

sp

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am doing a study on mobility over the effect on stress, and what I know so far is that the electron mobility is decrease with increase of stress, and it is opposite for hole mobility and the explanation obtained is that electron and hole react differently to stress. my question is how and why they react differently.

actually I was studying the LOD (length of diffusion) effect on sub-micron IC, the effect is something about the effect of shallow trench isolation (STI) that cause the LOD effect, it increase the pmos driving strength and lower the nmos driving strength.

if you are so kind to explain to me, I would be much appreciated on it. I have search Google and IEEE for sometimes but I couldn't seems to get any good explanation. capable to accept quantum physics explanation as well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back