Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

inverter design ---- equal rise time and fall time

Status
Not open for further replies.

squirrel

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
inverter rise time

hello... i need to design an inverter in microwind. the requirement is that the interver should have equal rise time & fall time.. .... how can i manage this (changing w/l ratio or what)?

please help

equal rise and fall time

by source/sink current calibration or use current mirror to bias the output inverter stage

microwind inverter with different wn, wp

squirrel said:
hello... i need to design an inverter in microwind. the requirement is that the interver should have equal rise time & fall time.. .... how can i manage this (changing w/l ratio or what)?

please help

By changing the W/L ratios accoding to mobilities of holes and electrons, the delay can be matched in both cases....

squirrel

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
sizing inverter for rist time and fall time

(W/L)p / (W/L)n = µn/µp

design inverter in microwind

By changing the W/L ratios.
Wp(PMOS) = 2.5 to 3 times Wn(NMOS)

inverter microwind design

If the inverter has the equal rise and fall time, then the charge and discharge current of the inverter's load capacator should be the same. So the aim is to choose the right W/L ratio of PMOS and NMOS, let the current of them to be equal.

inverter rise time and delay

hi,

By changing the W/L ratios.

Wp(PMOS) = 2.5 to 3 times Wn(NMOS)

according to this relations you can set equal tr and tf.

thanx.......

Status
Not open for further replies.