Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is L6206 supposed to be hot during operation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireball003

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I followed all the instructions to make the motor control board using L6206N given in 9944.pdf (https://www.st.com/stonline/books/pdf/docs/9944.pdf) and in its datasheet. I am supposed to make it work wiht my microcontroller. But I don't know why it is being hot during operation. I tried 12v 1A DC power supply and 12v 7.2 AH battery.

Is it normal being hot during operaiton? Or anything did I miss? How would I check if anything is going wrong in that circuit?

Please help me.

Hi Fireball,
My experience with ST chips says that it shouldn't desipate heat when driving the motor. Try adding a tantallium capacitor of say 10uF in parallel to the motor phase and a 50 ohm resitor in series with the motor.

I have suggested this, to make possible impedance match between the chip and motor. See if this works.

~Kalyan.

Status
Not open for further replies.