Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Schematic of a DC-DC converter (150-200mA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hayder78

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I need a schematic of a DC-DC converter (isolation converter) of some 150-200 mA of an output of +12V and -12V.

Thank you.

uc3842 dc dc isolated

Hi hayder78,

such a converter can be built with an LM2577 from national. Use it in flyback configurtion. Look at the datasheet for examples. National has also a software to calculate such converters (SimpleSwitcher).

Bye

ti isolated dc dc conveter 24v

hi mr_ghz,

thank you for your reply,

i need an isolated system in which the input is electrically isolated from the output , the LM2577 doesn't provide isolation, any other suggestion?

flyback isolated converters discrete design

Hi hayder78,

An isolated system has to be built with a transformer. A DC/DC converter in an isolated configuration is a flyback converter. The input voltage is 'hacked' and sent to a transformer. It can move it to other levels (up or down) or even create more than one output voltage. One of these outputs is measured and the feedback path is often done by an optocoupler.
Such a system can be built with the LM2577. I give you an application note: **broken link removed**

Bye

lm 2577 application notes

hello
Is there a solution with a new IC and a transformer that we can buy transformer from an well known international company.

I do not have time and experience for building such transformers for a specific IC (Like as TI,Lnear tech ,Maxim,analog devices IC)

DC DC solution = IC from above company+ Transformer specified for that IC.

any help???

traco dc/dc schema

Hi 7rots51,

Is a complete (monolithic) DC/DC converter too expensive? What are your power requirements / output voltages?

Bye

dc/dc на uc3842

hello
I need a dc-dc converter that convert 10-30VDC(unregulated ) to 5VDC and output current can be between 200-400mA.and 1000VDC isolation at minimum.

Can you introduce some vendors at good prices?

Regards

isolated dc dc converter 500v

Hi 7rots51,

Traco Power (www.tracopower.com) has many DC/DC converters that meets (nearly) your requirements. The type TED2411 has an input range from 18..36VDC, an output voltage of 5V and 400mA. But the isolation voltage is only 500V. There are other types with higher isolation, but smaller input-range. But perhaps you'll find something.
The prices depend extremly on volume you need. Other manufacturers are Powerone, Artesyn, Power Innovations.

Bye

5v dc to 1000v dc convertar ic

Don't forget Texas Inst. (formerly Burr-Brown)
Them have a lot of isolated DC-DC with built-in transformer
up to 1 A and isolation up to 7kV
Sample price - approx.15-20$
for a few kilo - approx 5-7$.

online tools for designing isolated flyback dc-dc

Can we use any transformer with high freq (as used in radios) to isolate the main spikes ? Does anybody have schematics with simple components?

dc to dc ocnverter with uc 3842

I think that if you have no experience about Dc/Dc converter, the best way is to start with a complete (monolithic) DC/DC converter as suggested by mr_ghz.
The parameter to know are:
-the range of input voltage (normally thi ranges are standard; for example 18-36V)
-the voltages and the relative output currents
-if it is necessary the isolation between input and output
An important parameter to consider is efficiency. Normally for the integrated Dc/Dc Coverter it is around 80%.
There are many manufacturers (Powerbox,Gaia,etc.) that propose their monolithic Dc/Dc Converter and some of them are cheaper especially if they come from oriental market like YDS.
Normally the integrated solution is much more expensive than a discrete solution, but for testing your project is better to have a reliable power supply.

In a second momet you can try to reduce the cost of your application either designing the Dc/Dc Converter by yourself (if you have time!) using the tools that many manufacturers make available on the net, like WEBENCH Tool by National Semiconductor, or you can ask third party to design and to realize the sample with your specification.

If you need the Dc/Dc Converter only for a project the best solution is the monolithic one.
If you need the Dc/Dc Converter for a market product the cheaper solution is the secod one.

Best Regards

traco power orcad model

most low cost dc-dc use uc3842 to design with flyback topology,the isolate can use transformer to realize it,because this design is complex,So you should to find a uc3842 application for it.
www.ti.com have much application about it

lm2577 flyback

anyone can help me with dc-dc buck boost converter...
input = 12V
outpuyt = 24V

i need the schematic design (orcad) and the components specifications...

thanks....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back