Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Difference between Diva, Dracula, and Assura??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ee484

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
diva dracula

Hi, What are the difference and advantages of using the following tools??
1) Diva
2) Dracula
3) Assura

I think all products from Cadence and they are doing similar jobs like DRC, LVS, and parasitic extractions - physical verifications.

What are the differences?? and advantages ??

how about calibre? I believe this product is from Mentor graphics. Is this physical verification program as well? If it is, what is Calibre equivalent to the cadence products mentioned above?

Detailed explanations are welcome.

Thank you for reading/answering it.

BEST,
B

diva drc lvs

I have experiance using all three.

Diva - runs everything flat ie not hierartically making it more difficult in my experiance for lvs. Full level chips forget it! and it takes longer. it is useful for small modules /individual modules. Diva drc , we use both diva and assura and starting to use calibre. however as long as the decks are ok , we use both check to cross reference.

Assura is great for drc, lvs - our preference... it takes layout from the top cell by cell, giving accurate results and usually you can find errors quickly. It can also highligh the net on the layout. Its faster because it does it hierartically , however setup can be difficult and duplicate cell names can cause problems, as with multiple vcc/mixvdd, but can always be fixed.

dracula- man we stopped using that years ago- it was good once you can understand what the report is trying to say!

diva drc

diva and assura use GUI...
in Dracula, u have to interpret the text results. but this is not a big deal when u are used to it.
if u want a better tool, use calibre!!!

difference between calibre and assura

however assura can be used stand alone- which is better. ie without a GUI.
Giving more flexibility.

difference between diva and assura + cadence

Like I have understood calibra has both diva and assura.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back