Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Surface mount equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

adarshkaran

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can anyone suggest me some good surface mount equipment for mounting PHEMT on substrate. I have used a solder iron 15W , but i guess the heat generated is damaging the devise internally and i am not able to generate the required IV curves as in the data sheet.

Using epoxy,put it between the die and board,then 100DegC one hour in oven,doing wirebond,add SMA,measure,done!

You may be blowing up the device with static or line-power leakage. Are you using a grounded soldering iron? Have you tested the resistance from the soldering iron tip to the grounding lead?

Sometimes you can use a temperature controlled hot plate to reflow the solder. Sometimes you can heat up your circuit to close to but just under the soldering temperature with a hot plate, and then finish the soldering with a hand held iron on a specific component.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back