Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SPI configuration of PIC16F877A

Status
Not open for further replies.

sora5563

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pic16f877 spi

I am new to PIC and ask that does anyone knows the steps of SPI configuration
for PIC16F877A.
If possible gives some source code examples!
Thanks!!!:D

spi pic16f877

I configured a PIC16F873A for SPI interface with a MAX6952 after looking at the SPI EEPROM application note from Microchip. The routine provided needs a little modification for the number of bytes you want to send and clock speed.

I'm at work so I don't have my code available.

pic16f877a spi

sora5563 said:
I am new to PIC and ask that does anyone knows the steps of SPI configuration
for PIC16F877A.
If possible gives some source code examples!
Thanks!!!:D

check**broken link removed**

spi pic16f877a

Hi,

Well, how the SPI is configured depends on what its communicating with? Clock phase, frequency? And you can even change the idle state of the data line. Looking at examples won't really help, it'll get the SPI working, but might not be the cofiguration you need for your application. I say this over and over again, read the datasheet! all the info you need is in there. Microchip even provide a step by step guide to setting up peripherals:

https://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/devicedoc/spi.pdf

the datasheet: https://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/39582b.pdf

Seriously, it5 isn't difficult to work out, thats why manufacturers provide datasheets, otherwise all enigineers would require 'training courses' to use these chips.

Buriedcode

Status
Not open for further replies.