Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I step up dc voltage from 12v to 40v?

Status
Not open for further replies.

haskellbob

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
step up dc voltage

My knowledge of electronics doesn't go as far as that, as increasing a given DC voltage. I would much appreciate a general explanation, one that I could use generally for different desired voltages.

Thanks much.

Bob Haskell

12v to 40v

If signal => design a level shifter
If power => dc to dc converter (boost)

how to up dc voltage

Use the LM2577-ADJ adjustable step-up converter ..

Here is its data sheet:
**broken link removed**

Regards,
IanP

how to step up dc voltage

Dear:
you an use DC -DC converter, not transformer as the dumpfrog answer you because if u apply DC vltage on transformer the output will be zero volt.
BR

lm2577 projects

The basic principle is converting the original DC into AC, then step this AC up to the desired value by a transformer, finally rectify it to get the necessary DC voltage.

One of the most important pros of this principle is we can use the AC with the frequency higher than the mains, upto hundreds thousand hertz, so we can use the smaller transformer, smaller filtering capacitors and inductors, thus get the smaller and lighter DC-DC converters. In the other hand, we can stabilize the output voltage easily.

Depending the power you need, or how important your project is, so you can design by yourself the simple circuit with 2 transistors and a transformer, or use a 555 timer as astable multivibrator with the power amplifier on transistors, or design a more complicated DC boost converter, or use the dedicated ICs for this purpose such as popular MC34063 from ON semiconductor, or buy the ready-made from any professional manufacturer as Delta, Deer, ... from China.

You will find out it is not as so complicated as you imagine at the beginning. Free and good document are everywhere on the internet and Google is our best friend.

Goodluck
nguyennam

step up dc voltage

Too difficult for U. I think that you should use LT1070HV.
Good luck for U !

12v to 40v

i hope tht is too easy to implement with 6v..
now u can use a no. of diodes in series to get a higher voltage

i hope it will help u otherwise u can mail me
jain.mayank@gmail.com

Added after 3 minutes:

otherwise one book is thr..tell me ur id...actually forgot the name...i will send u name of tht book ...actually i thought u want a regulator of 40 v
but tht book has the step ups in dc
mail me on my gmail id
i will reply back

simple voltage up converter

If your looking for a cheap way out and if your input is going to stay the same or go to 0v 2 transistors in a darlington hookup and a few resistors should do.Just do the math.

12v to 40v converter

How about using a voltage tripler..google it to get the circuit
BR
vabzter

dc dc step-up principles

haskellbob said:
My knowledge of electronics doesn't go as far as that, as increasing a given DC voltage. I would much appreciate a general explanation, one that I could use generally for different desired voltages.

Thanks much.

Bob Haskell

Your question is incomplete. Look why: the 40V side could source 7mA or 5A.
depending of this, the circuit topology will be completely different, also the output noise, etc.

dc voltage step up

haskellbob said:
Thanks much.
Bob Haskell

See:

dc voltage increasing circuit.*pdf

dear
here u can use lm1577 voltage step up regulator..
The LM1577/LM2577 are monolithic integrated circuits that provide all of the power and control functions for step-up (boost), flyback, and forward converter switching regulators. The device is available in three different output voltage versions: 12V, 15V, and adjustable

converter 12v to 40v

Some references on DC-DC step up regulator.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back