Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What should a beginner do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimasok

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I just recently garnered some interest in the EDA industry, but i'm currently in dispute with myself over what should i use to commence my studies...

Any suggestion guys? I'd lean towards studying Verilog, but what program should i use to program in that language? Active HDL, OrCad?

Thanks guys! :)

if u wanna go for verilog and related environment go for MAX PLUS 2 or foundation series they are nice and mostly used in industry

Many EDA tools support verilog HDL, such as star-sim, Activehdl, NC, and so on.

I think you can use FPGA advantage software.
There are many tools there, you can use.

I would certainly recommend Active-HDL for beginners. It's user-friendly & easy to be debugged. No hassle at all when i have my first hand on it. But that is only for simulation. If you want to further proceed, you can use the MAx-plus II for synthesis portion. Both are available for evalution purposes. No problem getting it at all.

I also recommend Active Hdl.

You can use Xilinx WebPACK or MaxPlus II (Student Edittion) of Altera. They are free.

I recommend Men*or's FPGA Advantage. Also you can try Synplicity's synplify.

Status
Not open for further replies.