Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed on using Orcad

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayeong

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
orcad intersheet references

Hi,

Currently I'm using Orcad Unison Suite and have some problems in creating libraries.

1. Is there any way to to insert a bar over a particular pin name ? For example, usually chip enable (CE) pin is active low. Thus, is there a way to place a bar above CE instead of writing /CE ?

2. Is there a more efficicent way of searching a particular part number in the libraries ? Currently, I have to load each individual library and search for it. Kinda of troublesome.

Kinda of miss PowerLogic whereby the above mentioned stuff could be easily implemented.

Thanks.

Best Regards

orcad active low

C\E\ will put a bar above CE.

In the "place part" dialog try the "part search" button.
Use the ? and * wildcards.
You can specify the library path.

orcad reset part references

Thanks Acid Trap.

Oka, I have another problem with Orcad Capture.

For exmaple, I have 2 sheet of schematic in my design. On the 1st page of schematic, I have connected a pin to an "off-page connector" having a name "xxx". On the 2nd sheet of schematic, I also have a pin connected to a "off-page connector" having the same name as the 1st sheet "xxx".

Thus, how do I check their connectivity across 2 pages ? I have tried to highlight sheet 1 wire and right mouse click to "Select entire net". However, sheet 2 connection to "xxx" is not highlighted. Anything wrong with that ?

Thanks

Hi,

In file manager, click on your design file *.dsn
Click on the annotate icon
Under action lable choose ADD INTERSHEET REFERENCES
Press OK to the next window only.
Now open your sheet1 and sheet2
you will notice that there is a number near the page-off name
this number is sheet number that this connector is connected to.
So you can be sure that page-off net is connected to the other sheets.

Bye

Thanks for the help.

Another problem crop up along the way. Okay, Let say I have 10 resistors with a reference designator from R1 to R10.

After removing say R5, R6 & R7, there will be some un-used reference designator within R1 to R10.

Is there any way to compact all the resistors reference designator naming from R1 - R7 ?

I know PowerLogic couldn't do that without the help of PowerPCB. But to change at PCB and ECO back to schematic is tedious.

Thanks

Best Regards

reaname problem

you can anotate incremetly.

first reset all designatores to ? in the anotate menu.
the anotate the design incremently - this will generate increment order from r1 to r7.

another option is back anotating the design with swp file WITH FOLLOWING VALUES :

R8 R5
R9 R6
R10 R7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back