Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to create TE11 and TE21 with HFSS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xibillian

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello HFSS Designers.

Do you know any exact method of creating TE11 and TE21 modes in a rectangular waveguide?

I ve designed for TE10 and TE20 and also TE00 with editing sources easily. Do i need to use integration line ? If yes, How??

For modes:

hΓΓp://www.phy.uct.ac.za/courses/phy321f/wgmodete.htm

thanks for your help

Hi !
xibillian said:
Do you know any exact method of creating TE11 and TE21 modes in a rectangular waveguide?
Yes ! It is simple, just define number of modes at the waveguide port greater than one (five for example) and look for port only solutions.
You will see the set of eigenwaves in increasing order of cutoff frequencies.
You can simplify this problem and calculate less modes if you will define proper boundary (perfect E or H plane) conditions.

navuho said:
Hi !
xibillian said:
Yes ! It is simple, just define number of modes at the waveguide port greater than one (five for example) and look for port only solutions.
You will see the set of eigenwaves in increasing order of cutoff frequencies.
You can simplify this problem and calculate less modes if you will define proper boundary (perfect E or H plane) conditions.

Well, can you please explain more spesific.

Ive already defined modes at the waveguide port . I didnt solve only for ports because i want to see vector fields.

Im just expecting to see the vector fields or field lines similar with the figure in the attachment.

We can see TE10 ,TE20 modes from port field display by clicking mode 1 and mode 2 ,but TE11 and TE21??

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back