Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Theory on making a digital clock using 555 timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSRA

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to build a digital clock using 555 timer,4518,7447 and segments.
BUt the problem is I don't have any idea of that niether i found any appropiate schematics nor theory relating to it....:|
so anyone of you can provide me some useful thory and if posible any schematic of it.:!:

thankx in advance....

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Re: Digital Clock

Hi friend, Happy New Year too,

Below is a file which I uploaded for you. its a digital clock made up of discrete logic components, I think it is a sample circuit file from Proteus, Enjoy!

If you want to learn to design timers/counters, please refer to the book of Albert Malvino, Digital Priciples and Applications.

PS : dont forget to push the "Helped Me" button huh :D

thank u..
but believe me i have this one......and the reason i don't use it is it doesn't have second in it.

That is wery simply to make seconds indication. You connect 2 7447 and 2 LED display to U11 and U12 like displays of minutes. Timer 555 is not stable. You must use piezo cristall for frequency generator.

jj

OR... You can simply add a LED to monitor the pulse rate of the timer circuit(crystal oscillator would be prefered) and make sure the timer has 60Hz pulse, LED will blink every 1 second. Look what I did below.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back