Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

fuse bits and atmega32l on stk500

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashish sharma

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
stk500 fuse bits

hi guys
i am faced with this problem that after writing my code and after building the solution when i just move on to download it to my mcu through my setup of avrstudio4 with winavr as compiler and stk500 attached to comp via rs232 and to target via isp 6 pin cable ..... the interface do open for setting the various values like fuse bits and lock bits ,,,,,but the irony is that i am not able to change those settings becuase it shows that entering programming mode failed ....

is stk500 is the board for programming atmega32l (not atmega32) ??????? there is difference in clock and operating voltages

please help

Added after 19 minutes:

one thing to mention is that i am able to enter the programming mode when i raise the level of vtag(target voltage) and AREF to 5.5 and 5.1 ,,,,(that's higher than the operating voltage of mega32l) but again in that mode too i am not able to program and verify the fuse and lock bits settings ...... it says the verification failed....

need some suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.