Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is a practical use of duality theorem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gogameri

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is practical use of Duality theorem?

Re: Duality theorem

Duality Theorem allowes u to obtain the response of a circuit without solving the same circuit but working out the response of another circuit wich is called the dual of the former!

Got it?

"Duality Theorem allowes u to obtain the response of a circuit without solving the same circuit but working out the response of another circuit wich is called the dual of the former! "

Sorry, but question is where the stiuation like above you mentioned happens ?

if u have the solution to circuit, respsonse of its dual can be found without solving the dual... time consumption can be saved...

Does any circuit tool uses current-voltage DUALITY ?
It is not duality related to fourier transform.

are you talking about the duality theorem in electrical engg, where, C is transformed to L, L to C & R to G?

Sometimes it is mathematically easier to solve the equations for the dual circuit and then substitute voltage and current and convert the elements back to the original, thus reverting back to the original circuit.

Quantities having duality property

voltage and current
resistance and conductance
capacitor and inductance
flux and charge
loop and node
impedance and admittance

example

V=RI is equivalent to I=VG

If you substitute V with I, R with G and I with V you get same equation with differnt form. This is called duality.

V=LdI/dt and I = CdV/dt change V to I and L to C

Q=CV and Φ = LI

Also you can change a parallel combination of current source and conductance with series combination of voltage source and resistance.

I and L in parallel change to V and C in series etc..

So you can change a circuit form by changing V to I, L to C, Z to Y, R to G and all parralel connection to series and vice versa

Status
Not open for further replies.