Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for jack diagram with pins labelled

Status
Not open for further replies.

rankz

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I've just received the parts for my first electronic project, a simple distortion pedal for guitar. Having read the instructions my first worry is that I don't know which part of the (female) jack is which.
The project uses two (female) jacks, a stereo and a mono. Does anyone have a diagram of a jack with each pin labelled?
10_1167223673.gif

Thanks

Re: Jack Labelling

rankz,
Your picture is of a stereo jack. The terminal that connects to the threaded mouniting is ground (common). The other terminals are the left and right stereo channels. The terminal that connects to tha longest contact is right. The other terminal is left. A Mono jack has only one terminal in addition to ground. It corresponds to the longest contact in your photograph.
Regards,
Kral

Jack Labelling

That confused me. This is the project I am building and it uses the terms 'tip' 'sleeve' and 'ring' when refuring to the jacks; **broken link removed**

Thanks for the responce

Re: Jack Labelling

rankz,
The drawing in h**p://www.lanshack.com/wire_phone_jack.aspx should clear things up.
Regards,
Kral

Status
Not open for further replies.