Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LATEX - Insert Figure

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumit007

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
latex insert figure

Hi.. Can someone tell me how to insert a picture in a Latex file ?

I have a figure in .jpg format and .emf format..

Thanks.

insert figure latex

I think if you have some editor like Winedit and TexNicenter, they might be able to insert a figure for you.

This is what I do

\begin{figure}[h]
\centering
\includegraphics[width=13cm,height=7cm]{G:/mywork/pix/xxxx.jpg}
\caption{Result for the day}
\label{fig:151106b_measure}
\end{figure}

A useful link to learn basic latex
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/LaTeX
**broken link removed**

sumit007

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
insert picture in latex

Also dont forget to include the latex graphicx libraray!

sumit007

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
insert figure in latex

hi

thanks for your help. But quality of the loaded figure in PDF format (created by Latex) is not good. How can I load a picture in Latex with a good guality ?

thanks.

insert jpg latex

amir_rastegar2003 said:
hi

thanks for your help. But quality of the loaded figure in PDF format (created by Latex) is not good. How can I load a picture in Latex with a good guality ?

thanks.

I don't think so, the quality of the pic is very good I'm sure of this.
In the code was wirtten above you can change " [h] " to " [H] " to allow you put the pic as you want exactly.

how to insert figure in latex

hi

I mean the pic is not so clear in PDF (created by Latex) also thae have their original resolotion.

thanks.

latex figure

ِAre you want to improve the original resolution of the pic?

latex insert jpg

No dear,

AsI said, the loaded pic has resolutios as the main pic, but it is not so clear, you should zoom on in to see the pic with more clearity.

ok?

Consider the following situatioin: I'm to load a simulation result from MATLAB to LATEX. what should I do to obtain a good latex file with a high quality pic??
thanks a lot.

insert picture latex

ٍِSA,
Oh I get it, thanx for you, I'll give you the comment that allow you to resize the pic as you want.

\begin{figure}[htbp]
\centering
\resizebox{0.75\textwidth}{!}{\includegraphics{b2}}
\caption{your cation}
\label{fig:pic}
\end{figure}

This is the explanation for the above code.
THe "resize" command is to allow you to resize your pic in any size refer to the text width, so I wrote 0.75\textwidth , and the "!" sign is put to save the aspect ratio between the width and hight of the pic, you can also make the pic size 1\textwidth, this mean the pic will take the all space allowed for the text, so you can write any size you want.
Another important note you can see in the same command I didn't write the path of the pic, because when you write the path it appear in the pdf, so you put the pic in the same path of the LATEX file you run and remove the path when you put the pic as I wrote.
Hope to help you.
Salam.

insert figure

Hi

In Latex you will get the best result, if you use a graphis which is in vector format. JPEG is not, but PNG, EPS is vector graphics format and will be very clear and sharp.
So if you want a good result you have to export to EPS or something similar. Matlab can do this.

Regards

insert jpg in latex

hi

thanks for your comments. I have an other idea.

when you do your simulation in MATLAN, resize your pic (simulation result) and the save it in the same path that your latex file is there. then use rhe above commands (with a resize factor of .9 or .8 or ....bepend on your pic size). and then build the latex file. see the result. it's perfect.
thanks!

plz test it and tell me about your results. thanks

insert a figure in latex

I didn't try it, but I think it will very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back