Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

solution to protect my HARDWARE OR FIRMWARE

Status
Not open for further replies.

TERRYWU3

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ABOUT DESIGN PROTECT

DEAR ALL:
I want to search a solution to protect my HARDWARE OR FIRMWARE
The ways I can think are THREE:

1. ERASE THE IC's MARK
2. SET PROTECT WHEN BURNING MY CPU
3. ADD CHECK CODE ON MY PROGRAM

BUT IIT IS NOT VERY GOOD IDEA
WHO CAN TEACH ME THE RELATIVE INFORMATIONS
OR Is there this kind of CHIP ....PLEASE TELL ME

REALLY THANKS AGAIN !!
MY EMAIL : terrywu3@yahoo.com ^_^

Hi TERRYWU3,

it depends what your HW is exactly doing. Removing the labels of chips is not a good idea: If someone looks at your print he can imagine what parts are used (he'll only need more time). The protection of a CPU is mostly secure. A checkcode (where possible) is better.
What do you think of implementing the whole design in a big FPGA/CPLD and to secure it? Because there are (nearly) no parts on your board, it would be very difficult to see, what your HW does.

Bye

Erase partnumbers is not effective because one still can see them under special light conditions after 1mm surface removing. Set protection on microcontroller is better. Use of fpga's or cpld's is only safe when you don't use a serial prom because the serial stream can be read. the best thing is to use processor/logic that allows crc protection or similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back