Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

some circuit for PC logic analyzer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telfo2002

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
logic analyzer circuit

I was planning a PC based logic analyzer. The idea is using a cache like sram (like 7cy199 or similar) and storing in it digital samples at high speed (40MHz) for later download to PC via PC port. First experiments demostrate concept is ok, but over 5MHz, strange digital noise appears.
Some circuit or trick?

Thanks on advance.

elektor logic analyzer

How did you build your PC-based logic analyzer? Did you use a microcontroller, a CPLD or an FPGA for your logic analyzer?

fifo logic analyzer

Telfo2002 said:
I was planning a PC based logic analyzer. The idea is using a cache like sram (like 7cy199 or similar) and storing in it digital samples at high speed (40MHz) for later download to PC via PC port. First experiments demostrate concept is ok, but over 5MHz, strange digital noise appears.
Some circuit or trick?

Thanks on advance.

Elektor published a complete logic analyzer based on this concept (fifo ram) some months ago. can scan it if you want it... warning the text is in french ! (the schematics are universal)

elector 40mhz logic analyzer

take a llok in ELEKTOR Nº222. you can find a good example. If you can't get it i will scan it and post it.

logic analyzer with pc circuit

You could also take a look on Bitscope, http://racket.bitscope.net/
BitScope is a low cost, high bandwidth, mixed signal oscilloscope and logic analyzer for PC with open hardware design.

If you have problems over 5Mhz it could be ground or decoupling problem

pc mixed oscilloscope logic analyzer

Here is the description of a 100MHz logic analyzer.
I am still working on it because it is not very easy to find a fast FPGA.
You can contact the author and try to buy the PCB (only 30 USD).

**broken link removed**

what is logic analyzer using fpga pc based

Hi Friend

Look at the attachment may be you found some solution

regards

Fragrance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back