Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Steps to install IC 5.1.44 on Suse 10 (Tested >> OK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmad_abdulghany

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mediamap.lnx86

I spent the last two days trying to install Cadence tools (IC 5.1.44) on Linux Suse 10. and i found that it may be usefull to share experience with you for whom is interested.

I'm not sure if these steps are valid for 64bit processors or not! Take care! I tried them on 32bit processor.

I made use of some modifications made before to install IC 5.0.33 on RedHat 9 ( ).

Before you begin:

1. Login as root (To logout: Press Alt+Ctrl+Backspace , then let user name be: root , put password and login again)

2. Change the shell type to be bash instead of csh… by typing in terminal: chsh and then type: /bin/bash .. logout and re-login. (This step is optional, as bash is the default shell, and on the other side, you can easily convert the few lines at the end of this post regarding the .bashrc file to be csh based and put them in your .cshrc instead)

3. Because Cadence is most compatible with RedHat, and Suse is newer than it, so you need to do some sort of down-grade to some packages.
...a.Install the package named "ncompress-4.2.4-33.i386.rpm" (after copying in any Linux partition)
...b.Install the package "tar-1.13.25-2U80_1cl.i386.rpm"

4. You need to install the gcc package (you can find it CD3, install it via Yast).

5. I recommend that you partion your Linux HDD in three partions: (or more but specially these)
........ Swap >>> size = double your physical memory size (i.e. RAM)
........ / >>> size = 7-15 GB
........ /usr/local >>> 15-30 GB
.... This will help you if you needed to upgrade or reinstall the OS, then only root partion will be changed (the '/' partion)

Begin Now:

1. The source of IC5.1.44 I have consists of three folders, namely 'Base', 'Update', and 'Hotfix' , each contains three or four compressed files .. Copy these folders to any Linux partition (let's say it's /Tools (Don't try to extract them from windows using WinRar as this will let them lose letters case information and hence will not work well)!!!! Now extract them in the path you pasted them to, then you now have something like:
/Tools/Base/CDROM1
..................../CDROM2
..................../CDROM3
Do the same thing for other folders.

2. We will start in installation with Base, Update, and finally Hotfix.

3. Go to /Tools/Base/CDROM1, and from teminal, source (i.e. launch) the SETUP.SH file, by typing: ./SETUP.SH then press Enter.

4. It will ask you for the installation path, type it where you wanna install them in, say it will be: /usr/local/cdstree

5. You will be promoted to start the softload process, deny, and choose "no" to exit.

6. Now, you will edit some files that are recently been created as a result of what you did in the last step.. they are:
....a. /usr/local/cdstree/install/bin.lnx86/io_fltr.c :
.........i.Go to line 68 : replace the "/bin/zcat" with "/usr/bin/uncompress –c"
.........ii.Add new line above line 54: #define lnx86 (old line 54 is: #define nec_ews)
.........iii.Add new line above line 33: #include <errno.h> (old line 33 is: #include <signal.h> )
.........iv.Then compile it by typing:
........................... gcc –o io_fltr io_fltr.c
....b. /usr/local/cdstree/install/bin.lnx86/process_file.c :
.........i.Go to line 511 : change the number 1280 to be 10000
.........ii.Save, exit, then compile it from terminal as above, by typing:
........................... gcc –o process_file process_file.c
....c. /usr/local/cdstree/install/bin.lnx86/vld :
.........i.Go to line 424 and 425: delete the parts of lines : +2 -3
.........ii.Save and exit.

7. After editing and compiling the above files, you will now run the "softload" from the same place in which files were, do this from terminal by typing: "./softload" then press Enter.

8. A menu will appear, select [1] Load Available Products.

9. When asked for the source, chose "Local", then "Other", then put the path: /Tools/Base

10. When the main menu appear again, select [4] Cadence Catalog.

11. When asked from which products; choose "all of the above".

12. Then "Yes" (accpet every thing after it till it starts to install.. you will see streems of '.' (dots) drawn on screen.. Be patient and wait :)

13. Now, wait until it finishes (Will take bit long time)

14. After finishing, and the main menu appear again, scroll up in the terminal to check that it completed without errors. (if you missed to see the results due to any reason, you can refer to log message(s) of installation in: /tmp/load.msg and /tmp/load.msg1 ... etc, go there and check it's completed 100% successfully)

15. From the main menu, choose [6] Update Installed Products. (if you don't have enough disk space, you may extract "Base" contents only, then delete after the above steps, and extract in its place the "Update" folder and then continue this step)

16. Follow the same sequence as above, except that the source of install will be: /Tools/Update (instead of /Tools/Base)

17. Leave it to continue, till finishes. (it will start to delete some files then go in progress like before)

18. Do the same (with the same choice from the menu which is [6] Update products) with HotFix.

19. Now, You finished installation successfully , and going to configure it somehow.

20. Go to installation directory located at: /usr/local/cdstree , you will find a directory called: "tools.lnx86" make shortcut (called Link in Linux) name the link be: "tools" .. be careful that Linux is case sensitive!! (you can make that link by typing in terminal:
........................... ln -s /usr/local/cdstree/tools.lnx86 /usr/local/cdstree/tools

21. Now we will come to the first important part, the .bashrc file (notice that the "." before a file name means it's hidden, so you may need to show hidden files first)

22. Edit your .bashrc file located in home directory (i.e. /home/<your_user_name> ) and also in the root user (i.e. /root), append to it the lines below:

CDS_ROOT=/usr/local/cdstree
CDS_INSTALL_PATH=$CDS_ROOT/tools/dfII/
export CDS_LIC_FILE=$CDS_ROOT/share/license/license.dat
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$CDS_ROOT/tools/lib:$CDS_INSTALL_PATH/lib
export PATH=$PATH:$CDS_ROOT/tools/bin:$CDS_INSTALL_PATH/bin:$CDS_ROOT/tools/spectre/bin
export CDS_Netlisting_Mode=Analog

23. To let the file work effectively, type in the shell (the terminal):
> source /root/.bashrc
Also do it for user, i.e. > source /home/<user_name>/.bashrc

24. Copy and paste the license file to the following directory: /usr/local/cdstree/share/license

25. To check that it worked, type in the command line: icfb it should work now.

26. An error may occur due to missing package, you will find a package called: "xorg-x11-deprecated-libs-devel-6.8.2-31.i386.rpm" .. install it (using YaSt or whatever) . It should solve the problem in shaa allaah. No need to install it if there's no error.

27. To enable bind keys (that are Cadence keyboard shortcuts or action keys), copy all files in directory /usr/local/cdstree/tools/dfII/sample/local to /usr/local/cdstree/tools/dfII/local.. you may use the command:
cp /usr/local/cdstree/tools/dfII/sample/local /usr/local/cdstree/tools/dfII/local
, and rename the cdsinit to .cdsinit (to be hidden)

28. Running for the first time: type in terminal: icms & or icfb & , you should now see the CIW window (Command Interpreter Window)… (notice that the & after a command in terminal, lets it run in the background, i.e. if you closed the terminal or ran anothr command it won't affect the pre-ran application which is icfb or icms in our case, you can omit it, but in this case be carefull and don't close the shell it ran from!)

Please notice:
1. The remaining is to install your own PDK, and also notice that, I didn't put configuration lines for Assura or Dracula Back-End tools as i used to use Calibre that i didnt' put its cofiguration in the .bashrc as well.

2. I tested the above steps and Cadecne worked pretty well with me, and i'm not responsible of anything else gone with anyone ..

3. RPMs attached are available online, but i attached them here to ease the job. (If moderators staff see it's non good, so remove them)

4. What is mentioned in step (22) regarding the .bashrc .. you can append lines in the .bash_profile instead, in this case they will loaded only once when you log-in, where the .bashrc is loaded whenever you open new shell. I prefere to put them in the .bash_profile but pepole used to put it in .bashrc :).. It's up to you!

5. You will not need to login as root everytime you use Cadence, login as user next times as we used root account just to install.

6. I know that i mentioned some information that looks very basic, but this was intended, as i want all levels of you find it usefull (or even beginners and intermediates)

------------------------------------
Best of The Luck.. : )
Any feed back is appreciated ..
Ahmad,

to install ic 5.1.44 x11

Some one asked me for the .cshrc file instead of .bashrc.. it's quite simple to migrate to csh :)

replace:
- export a=b with setenv a b
- export PATH=$PATH: <pathes separated with simicolons> with set path=($path <pathes separated with spaces>)

you can setenv for all variables at the beginning...

Anothr thing is regarding the .cdsinit file, you will need to edit it to add Calibre in the layoutPlus tool, you may need to edit it in some other cases...

I hope it's helpful and clear..

Regards,
Ahmad,

steps to install a package in suse

To fix and enhance tools running, the .bashrc better to be like:

Code:
export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL="2.4.1"

CDS_ROOT=/usr/local/cdstree
CDS_INSTALL_PATH=$CDS_ROOT/tools/dfII

export CDS_LIC_FILE=$CDS_ROOT/share/license/license.dat

export PATH=$PATH:$CDS_ROOT/tools/bin:$CDS_INSTALL_PATH/bin:$CDS_ROOT/tools/spectre/bin:
export PATH=$PATH:/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/etc:/usr/openwin/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:.

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$CDS_ROOT/tools/lib:$CDS_INSTALL_PATH/lib

export CDS_WAVESCAN_JRE_DIR=$CDS_ROOT/tools/jre1.42
export MALLOC_CHECK=0
export CDS_Netlisting_Mode=Analog

unset USERNAME
set filec

I recommend to use it instead ...
Notice that you can use any other waveform window you prefere, but change link to it above (for me, i prefer using JRE1.45

Best Wishes,
Ahmad

how to setup 5.1 linux suse

i am having problems installing on fedora 6.93. in step 6, when i run gcc -o <file> <file>.c i get many errors. i make al the changes given in step 6 but it says this:

Code:
[oermens@localhost bin.lnx86]$ gcc –o io_fltr io_fltr.c
gcc: –o: No such file or directory
io_fltr.c: In function ‘InitSecurity’:
io_fltr.c:143: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘malloc’
io_fltr.c: In function ‘ReadHeader’:
io_fltr.c:254: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘exit’
io_fltr.c: In function ‘SumFltr’:
io_fltr.c:305: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘exit’
io_fltr.c: In function ‘BlockFltr’:
io_fltr.c:349: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘calloc’
io_fltr.c:351: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘exit’
io_fltr.c: In function ‘SigPipeHdlr’:
io_fltr.c:477: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘exit’
io_fltr.c: In function ‘main’:
io_fltr.c:523: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘exit’
io_fltr.c:540: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘exit’
io_fltr.c:548: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘exit’
io_fltr.c:554: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘exit’
io_fltr.c:558: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘exit’
io_fltr.c:564: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘exit’
io_fltr.c:568: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘exit’
io_fltr.c:679: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘exit’

[oermens@localhost bin.lnx86]$ gcc –o process_file process_file.c
gcc: –o: No such file or directory

the softload installer still runs, but fails at step 14 and says

Code:
Generating detailed installation data...

Determining available disk space
sort: open failed: +2: No such file or directory
Determining required disk space

Disk checks successful

(says which cds are required, extract program controls, etc....)

Checking data files...

Executing control programs (pre-load) ...
sort: open failed: +3: No such file or directory
expr: syntax error

SL-8: No information available on :.
Call the Cadence Customer Response Center (CRC) at 1-800-Cadenc2
(1-800-223-3622) to get the right /usr/local/cadence/ic610/install/tmp/mediaMap.lnx86 file.

how to fix?

cam editor oermens

Are you missing some development packages such as glibc-devel?

default dfii log folder setting

i dont thinks so.. i tried to install it but it says nothing to do so i guess its there alreayd

io_fltr.c

Use RHEL 2.1 instead

suse10 eda

where can i find this? redhat.com says i have to pay

cadence ic 5.1 install on red hat

your insruction is wrong ! start with hotfix or update first

calibre suse rpm

can i use CentOS instead of RHEL? if so which version is best?

I can not find RHEL 2.1 for download...

calibre installed fails launch suse 11

**broken link removed**

mediamap.lynx86

Which is best one to download? 2.1AS, 2.1AW, 2.1ES, 2.1EW? I guess S is server, W is workstattion? eveyrthing in the folders is .rpm files, how do i install? do i install over my current linux?

steps to install suse

it's helpful,now i plan install it on my laptop

mediamap.lynx86, cadence

oermens said:
where can i find this? redhat.com says i have to pay
That's the version for enterprise not for personal, so i guess it's not free. According to most big EDA website that's the version they official support. You cam use any version of linux you feel comfortable, but I think it will be more smooth if you follow the software company spec

cadence 5.1.41 installation license

thanx for the instructions. do u have any idea reagrding installing cadence 5.1.41 on opensuse 11? i'm really stuck on it.

steps to install ic 5.1.44 on

Hi,
Thanks ahmad_abdulghany.
Do you know how to install ic5141 on fedora 8 ?

steps to install src rpm in suse

thanx Ahmed
I have install IC 5.1.44 on suse 10.3 and it runs smoothly while i call icfb&. but license configuring is not running. while i run lic_config it says
"the license file (license.dat) file is an ASCII file but may not a valid license file. It contains extra lines. remove extra lines and try reconfigure"
the license file seems ok as previously i had installed it in another Red Hat 9 system successfully. how can I overcome this problem?

cadence install opensuse tested

suse 10.0 i386 is difficult to download >> no link is available .

will these steps work with SUSE 10.3,11 ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back