Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

C++ Threads for ARM Cortex

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhobincu

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
+cortex +c++

Hello all,

I'm involved in a project for designing an embedded multithreading java processor. I was given the task of evaluating the top ARM embedded solution which I found to be Cortex R4. The problem is that the evaluation program I've written in C++ uses threads and I'm finding it rather difficult to find a C++ compilator for ARM Cortex that supports threads (I encapsulated a pthread_t in an object). Tutorials are rather hard to find... either that, or my google skill failed me.

Thanks in advance,
RH

Hi,

I eventually found out that ARM benchmarked their processors using Dhrystone algorithm. Therefore I'll start implementing the java mulithreading version for it as it is a more standard algorithm than what I've used.

Thank you for replying,
RH

Status
Not open for further replies.