Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microamps in oscilloscope?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BasePointer

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have a battery powered application. It consumes about 1-20uA current. I want to see this current values in oscilloscope. Do you know a probe for microamps?

Thank you.

10kΩ resistor would make 10mV to 200mV drop that would be visible on the scope. If you require this drop any lower, you should use amplified probe.

BasePointer

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Sinisa said:
10kΩ resistor would make 10mV to 200mV drop that would be visible on the scope. If you require this drop any lower, you should use amplified probe.

I have a MCU that sleeps and wakes up every seconds in my circuit. It consumes variable curent between 1uA-5mA. Their average is about 16uA. I want to see its comsumed current-time graphics. Can you suggest a amplified probe to me?

10x

Nowdays DC current probes have limit of ~1mA (with 1mV/div osciloscope).
And this sollution is not very cheap ($3000 probe + amplifier). You can obtain one of this and add some second amplifier, but I think it's not so easy.
So, using pure DC current probe in few 1uA/div should be very expensive.

I suggest to try some trick like sensing (small) resistor+amp+filter+amp.
You can take a look at MAX472 (with external resistor)

BasePointer

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back