Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IEEE.std_logic_misc.ALL

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcfly

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
std_logic_misc

i'm using max plus II v10.2.
i came across the code that need 2 use this library

IEEE.std_logic_misc.ALL

i dlloaded the code and save it into the maxplus2\vhdl93\ieee folder. i name the file as misc.vhd. am i save it as a correct file name? or should i save as std_logic_misc.vhd

but then when i compile the file using the max plus 2, it promp me an erro saying that it might have a syntax or semantic error.

when i look at the code...i saw a line of code sound like this:

Library Synopsys;
is this the reason thta cause the error as the max plus 2 does not supprt the synopsys library? if it is..what can i do?

ieee.std_logic_misc

to use library ieee you just have to write:
library IEEE
use IEEE.what_you_need.ALL
you don't need to save it to ieee forlder.You have to rename your file with you entity name(maxplus requires it) and that's it.

ieee.std_logic_misc.all;

i don get it when u say just rename the entity name?? is it save it as the same name as the entity??

but the prob is that ..in my library i cant find the this IEEE.std_logic_misc.ALL.

there are unsigned, signed, arith etc, but no misc. i found the misc code and i save into the IEEE library and try to simulate it..it prompt me an error.

i think that the error is due to the line of code in misc that written as below

Library Synopsys;

so i think my max plus 2 cant simulate bcos of the synopsys library.
really need help here...i'm searching for synopsys library now as i dont know where i should head to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back