Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I want Low pass filter to kill UHF (<300MHz) pleeeese

Status
Not open for further replies.

leilarazavi2000

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
300 mhz bandpass filter circuit

Hi all

sorry about my bad english

I want a circuit for no-pass UHF filter. for RF antenna T.V

It must allow to pass VHF-L and VHF-H with high quality and not allow to pass UHF

thank you for answer

uhf filter

It looks as if a low pass filter will work. You need to specify the following:

source impedance
load impedance
frequency range in MHz that will be passed
frequency range that will be attenuated
the amount of attenuation in the attenuated frequency range.

uhf low pass filter

use a vhf antenna

and you wont have a problem

as a properly designed n fed antenna will do this job for you

as long as you use a balun or a balanced feeder

filter uhf tv design lc

there are a hotel and they want to control the content of channel .

there are 2 group of rooms , some rooms are allowed to watch VHF and some rooms allowed to watch VHF and UHF.

the allowed room may be changed, one day may be 40% of rooms allowed and one day may be 80% of rooms allowed.

hotel central ANT. for all room . ( Each room have 1 coaxial cabel)

I want to build a circuit that :

1- when circuit active , the user of room not able to watch UHF ( only can watch VHF)

2- when circuit is not active , user can see VHF and UHF channels.

thank you

helical resonator low pass filter

A 5th order low pass filter will do the job but you must specify which TV or channelization standard is in use in your country to get better answer. Are S channels used in this hotel?

filtr low kill

leilarazavi2000 said:
there are a hotel and they want to control the content of channel .

there are 2 group of rooms , some rooms are allowed to watch VHF and some rooms allowed to watch VHF and UHF.

the allowed room may be changed, one day may be 40% of rooms allowed and one day may be 80% of rooms allowed.

hotel central ANT. for all room . ( Each room have 1 coaxial cabel)

I want to build a circuit that :

1- when circuit active , the user of room not able to watch UHF ( only can watch VHF)

2- when circuit is not active , user can see VHF and UHF channels.

thank you

You need a simple low pass filter with one or two varactor diode. When varactor capacitance is high, the filter will kill the UHF and the poor customers will not be able to see the p*orn movies...

low pass filter uhf

[/quote]

You need a simple low pass filter with one or two varactor diode. When varactor capacitance is high, the filter will kill the UHF and the poor customers will not be able to see the p*orn movies...[/quote]

Yes ...you right ,but this is not for p*orn movies.

I need low pass filter to kill UHF band. <300 MHz

who can give me the circuit for this low pass filter?

lc filtr uhf

You can use filter solutions software to design low pass filters.(search google)

uhf band filter schematics

You should use Helical low pass filter form at that frequency that is controlled by PIN diodes from remote current..

no-pass filter

BigBoss said:
You should use Helical low pass filter form at that frequency that is controlled by PIN diodes from remote current..

May I use L C lumped circuit on pcb? Do the pcb trace affect the frequency
response?

uhf pass filter

@leilarazavi2000

you can find free but still good filter design software here:

http://tonnesoftware.com/

Especially get friendly with Elsie, SVCfilter and Helical.

When you have the low pass filter that blocks signals above 300MHz you can use a pin diode switch as BigBoss mentioned, see this link on pin diodes:

http://www.microsemi.com/literature/pinhandbook.pdf

and refer mainly to Figs 2.6 and 2.7 and of course you have combine the filters and the diodes into a common matching circuit for 75 Ohms impedance.

If you feel like using a double amplifier optimised separately for VHF and UHF bands in an integrated circuit form with built-in switch for either band, see this link:

**broken link removed** a data sheet for Vishay's TSDF12830YS. Using this amplifier you can compensate for a bigger insertion loss due to your filters and cables.

rgds, unkarc

low pass vhf filter

hebu said:
BigBoss said:

response?

Of course you can but a filter implemented with lumped elements will have lower qualty factor than helical resonators at that frequency due to high inductance and capacitance values.But obviously, if you use high quality components ( inductors,capacitors) that will also work but it doesn't give very sharp passing slope.

In addition to, the pcb losses can be a trouble if you use low cost pcb material like FR3 or FR2..

In fact, there are many methods to implement this kind of filter but all depending on cost and implementation technique.

active inductors filter for uhf pdf

hebu said:
response?

Hi,

Yes you may, if you include the surface area of pcb traces as capacitors into your filter design. Good quality double sided pcb is preferred of course, and you have to determine unit area/capacitance between the two sides of pcb. This technics is useful mainly for wideband filters.

There is relatively strange approach for creating pcb (mainly high voltage) capacitors by placing differently sized rectangular pcb pieces onto a bigger pcb board, see an example: http://www.irational.org/sic/radio/frb-9pole-lpf.html
Nevertheless, this approach needs some tinkering with the surface areas...

rgds, unkarc

Status
Not open for further replies.