Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can not access removable disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidNelly

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
removable disk shows empty when explored

Hello colleagues,
I have a problem that the usb ports of my pc can not access the removable disk ( thumb drive ). It recoganized the drive and when explore it, nothing can see and access. It is like an empty disk. My motherboard is P4 Twins- HDTV ( Asrock ).
Please help me what to do.

Thanks,

cannot read removable disk

What Operating system you are Using.

Install correct driver for your operating system.

Check the File Format of your OS and your USB Drive.

cannot access removable disk drive

DavidNelly said:
Hello colleagues,
I have a problem that the usb ports of my pc can not access the removable disk ( thumb drive ). It recoganized the drive and when explore it, nothing can see and access. It is like an empty disk. My motherboard is P4 Twins- HDTV ( Asrock ).
Please help me what to do.

Thanks,
Probably corrupted FAT table, partition info or something like that. There are several ways to fix it (if that is the problem in the first place) depending upon OS you are using.

cant access removable disk

Hello ,
Thank you for your replies. My removable disk can be read in different pc.
I can read all files from it. I can not read only in my pc. But I can see as removable drive, not volume label. Actually it has volume label.
My os is windows xp service pack 2.
Thanks.

cannot read removable disk files

DavidNelly said:
Hello ,
Thank you for your replies. My removable disk can be read in different pc.
I can read all files from it. I can not read only in my pc. But I can see as removable drive, not volume label. Actually it has volume label.
My os is windows xp service pack 2.
Thanks.
Tough one. :) Then you obviously have problem with your PC. But I really don't know what to suggest. If you had to install any driver to have the disk working in the first place, try uninstalling/reinstalling it. Or try system restore. Maybe someone elese can help you better with XP.

add removable disk drive in disk management

Something to try..

Do you have any mapped drives?
I.E. network drives?

If you have a network drive that is normally mapped to the next available physical drive letter any USB key plugged in will see itself as the physical drive letter even if it is already mapped and you see no files on it.

Can you see the drive in device managment? if so try changing it's drive letter.

removable disk is not access what problem

Hi,
I have exactly the same problem and i have a little more to add... my computer crashed a while go (about 3 weeks to a month) and i tried to use a usb on it for the 1st time the other day ... BUT my two hard drives in my comp USED to be connected by raid but i now have them as 2 seperate... and since then usb has not worked... the usb connects properly (shows up in device mgmt correctly) BUT when i go into disk management (control panel > admin tools > computer mgmt > disk mgmt) it does NOT automaticaly assign a drive letter and when i DO assign it onwe (G:/ for instance) its still doesnt show in my computer .... BUT once i have assigned it one (still in disk mgmt atm) and i right click on it ... if u click "Open" it will open it in an explorer frame ... (if u hit explorer an error msg appears) very very very strange ... the plot thickens... ill keep u upto date with any advancements...

Cheers...

shows as removable but cant access

I have had the same thing happen at times when a corrupted driver expects to find the drive on a different USB port.
Try booting into safe mode, and remove the corrupted device drivers from the Device Manager. then restart normally, and reinstall the device drivers.

you should also check the drive manufacturer's website for an updated driver package.

Out of curiosity, what is the model of the drive you are having trouble with?
Is it U3 enabled?

windows cant acces the disk thumb drive

oh! it have many problem, mayb ur os error, ur board, n ur USB port, n ur board have dust,
1- try to repare r setup ur window again
2- Clean up ur mainboard by water with soap, but care fully must expose it to the wide n sun, r with the dry air untill it dry, mean no water on it. if it still have water ur boare will lose.

windows 2003 cannot access removable disk

try to add an USB hub between the pc and the disk - mostly it helps.
press the right button for me (anyway - let me know ...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back