Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help : an alternative component to audio transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

compugeni

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guys i have a question for a replacement component cause i had hard time finding it, the component i am talking about is an audio output transformer, It consists of an 8 ohm coil and a 1000 ohm coil and it is like the one on Radio Shack website https://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103254&cp

i really want to find an alternative component to it and have the same effect on audio signal, i want to amplify it, so if anyone know another component that can replace it please inform me and the reason why i can't order it online is that i need it urgently and it takes time for shipment and i am in a big hurry.

thanks in advance.

Re: Need help : an alternative component to audio transforme

compugeni,
I haven't checked lately, but Radio shack used to carry a line of 70V transformers. To get the impedance ratio you need, you would have to use the 5Watt tap. The closest you can get with a standard 70V transformer would be the 4 W tap. This would give you a 153:1 impedance ration, instead of the 125:1 impedance ratio you desire. Not exact, but maybe close enough.
Regards,
Kral

compugeni

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: Need help : an alternative component to audio transforme

well
its very difficult to get audio transformer of this spec.i have been trying to get it but could not find it i tried to get it manusfactured but the performance was not good. than i shifted to the design.i hope you are using it at output stage of classB amplifier i changed the power amp from class B to class AB and got rid of audio transformer

compugeni

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.