Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how do the up-convert mixer and down-convert mixer work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickleicn

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
in transmit path:I and Q signals are mixed with the same local oscillators(LO) which have a 90 degree phase shift.the combined sigals are transmitted in the air through antenna.
in receive path:the input signals is mixed with local oscillator signal at the carrier frequency in two forms,one is at an arbitrary zero phase,the other has a 90 degree phase shift,the composite input signal is thus broken into I,Q signals again.

question: is there any document or book which describe the above process in detail? is there any theory which supports that?

thank you in advance.

Added after 3 hours 56 minutes:

so modulation such as PSK,QAM in the transmit path can be divided into two amplifier modulation on two Orthogonal LO,and the demodulation in the receive path can be divided into two amplifier demodulation.is that right?

another question:
what's the relationship between PSK and FSK?from the equation:I* cos(ωt) + Q * sin (ωt),it can always be equal to A*sin(ωt+Φ),it is then a psk or QAM.so the modulated carrier's frequency is always a constant ω,so we need no bandwidth to transmit something,it seems un-reasonable,but i can not explain it.
can you help me on that?

can anyone answer the question?
i'll give you the points if the answer is reasonable.

Hey

With regards to your downcoversion and I & Q paths, I've seen goods analysis and explanation of these topics in radar books. Books written from Barton, or Skolnik, O'Reiley, Kai, they all give decent explanations of the process and system breakdown architecture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back