Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can HFSS calculate it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wickedweasel

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have made a microwave oven by HFSS.
There exist a waveguide on a cavity and waveguide is excited by a source.
I have put a load (dough) inside the oven and want to calculate the energy absorbed.
Can HFSS do it?
If yes, can anyone tell me how to do it?

Regards

you can use the field calculator of HFSS, it should be able to handle it. Just give it the energy absorption equation (E . J ) and it can perform the volume integration and get the results.

I actually read a paper or seen a presentation somewhere that used HFSS to do the same exact thing.

wickedweasel said:
I have made a microwave oven by HFSS.
I have put a load (dough) inside the oven and want to calculate the energy absorbed.
Can HFSS do it?
What is the problem with that ?
If you know properties of your load just put it inside lossfree cavity and see the level of reflection.

hi navuho,

can you further explain your method ? how he can get the absorbed power (which actually depend on the load and how the load affects the field distribution) just by replacing it by a cavity ?

adel_48 said:
can you further explain your method ? how he can get the absorbed power (which actually depend on the load and how the load affects the field distribution) just by replacing it by a cavity ?
Hello adel_48 !
May be I missunderstood the problem but the absorbed power is equal to
1 - S11^2 , isn't it ?

is it correct?
is it so easy to get calculate the absorbed energy inside the load by only 1-s11^2?
Will it give the same result as long integral equation?

Regards

hi,

yes using 1-S11^2 will give you all the power absorbed IN THE WHOLE STRUCTURE including the walls and other existing dielectrics. So, if the walls and the other dielectrics are lossless you will get the power absorbed in the body inside the oven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back