Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADS tool for universities

Status
Not open for further replies.

somf0872

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ads tool

Can any of the experience HF professionals guide me regarding the basic tools for ADS??

I mean my university is planning to purchase the ADS but she want some expertise in purchaasing these tools. Can any one guide me which basic tools should be purchased in first phase for basic understanding of HF??

--X--

I will recommend AWR MWO, because of its user friendly environment, reasonable price (**broken link removed**)and selection of tool is also very simple

Microwave Office for RF/Microwave design

Visual System Simulator VSS for system Design

Analogue Office for RFIC Design

I have always found the ADS based programs to be cryptic and hard to learn. Agilent now sells the eagleware software that is much more intuitive. I have not used other software extensively, but was able to analyze circuits on Microwave office after playing with it for an hour.

So, why ADS? I would evaluate the other programs available. I would ask the engineering managers in local companies that your students will be working in after graduation what simulation software they prefer.

I think for university sake u can go for Ansoft Designer and HFSS or CST 2006 they will serve your purpoise completely as they com ein complete [package not like ADS full of upgradable modules which is only good for R&D orgs or companies with specific needs

I recommend both ADS and MWO, and require students to learn both. ADS is firmly in place in many large companies. MWO is making a serious effort to change that. Both tools are interoperable with many other tools. This is important for EM analysis as no one company can provide a total EM solution. For example both tools interoperate well with Sonnet, for whom I work. Frameworks that do not have interoperability with (possibly competing) third party tools needed by their customers are at a very big disadvantage.

Your students will find at least one of those frameworks wherever they go. In fact, it is increasingly likely that they will find both. Knowing how to use both and knowing the relative advantages and disadvantages of both will make a very valuable microwave engineer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back