Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The conditions for oscillation in Reflex Klystron

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmed_nasr

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi microwavers :D

so i was studying the reflex klystron and i came through something i cannot understand ....

it is said that the condition of oscillation is Y+Ye=0

or G+Ge≤0

where Y is the total admittance of the cavity and Ye is the electronic admittance

anybody knows why is that the condition for oscillation .... i know that the oscillation condition for any oscillator is : βA=1 .... but couldnt relate this to that ... :?:

Re: Reflex Klystron

There are two general ways to analyze oscillators, loop and one port. The one port method looks for negative resistive portion of the impedance. This is what the two equations you mentioned are about.

Reflex Klystron

can u give me more details about that plz ?

Re: Reflex Klystron

Do a web search for "negative resistance oscillator" and you will get the details.

**broken link removed** is one example of what you will find.

Reflex Klystron

G+Ge<0 "as far as i could remember"
this means that u overcome the losses of the circuit , as far as i could remember u draw the diagram of the Y and u draw a horizontal line of Ge then the part to the left of the line is the region of possible oscillation

ahmed_nasr

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back