Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Allegr0 Environment Variables

Status
Not open for further replies.

z0rg

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pcb env file

I use Allegr0 14.2 under winxp pro.
LocalEnv file is in c:\documents and settings\%profile%\pcbenv directory,
so, when I change Environment Variables from allegro User Preferences editor, changes don't saves in localenv file at all, but if I Change it manually, allegr0, reads all changed variables from this file.
I think the reson is in spaces in path to env file. So I want to change LOCALENV (or/and ENVPATH) variables 2 point 2 another location. In Global ENV file (D:\CADENCE\share\pcb/text/env) I add this variables, but when I start again Allegro Varible ENVPATH still has value "C:\Documents and Settings\%USERPROFILE%\pcbenv D:\CADENCE\share\pcb/text".
QUESTION: Where from allegr0 takes this path (docs&settings) ??
How can I change ENV file location

p.s. After changing localenv location, Preferences editor saves settings to it, but when I start Allegro again it's still try to read settings from Docs&settings...

HELP plz.
[sorry for bad english]

default pcbenv location

Cadence use "home" env setting to seach the path of "pcbenv".The default setting of "home" in 2000/xp is "c:\documents and settings\%profile%\",so you need change the setting to such as "Home=C:\",then cadence will use "c:\pcbenv" to save your setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back