Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to simulate the picoblaze processor in modelsimXE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aramosfet

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does anyone know how to simulate the picoblaze processor in modelsimXE(xilinx specific version)
Is it possible?

picoblaze modelsim xe

I don't know if there's anything unusual about XE, but I've done it with SE. I simply dropped the kcpsm3.v file into my project (just like any other Verilog module), and it simulated (and synthesized) fine.

Or are you wondering how to assemble PicoBlaze code and get it into your project?

how to simulate picoblaze

I have done all the assembly programming and program vhdl file generation using PBlaze ide, but when i invoke modelsim from xilinx 8.1ise the modelsim fails to oad the project for simulation with the following errors

# Reading E:/Program Files/Model6d/tcl/vsim/pref.tcl
# do test2.fdo
# ** Warning: (vlib-34) Library already exists at "work".
# Model Technology ModelSim XE III vcom 6.0d Compiler 2005.04 Apr 26 2005
# -- Loading package standard
# -- Loading package std_logic_1164
# -- Loading package numeric_std
# ** Error: (vcom-19) Failed to access library 'unisim' at "e:\program files\Model6d\win32xoem/../xilinx/vhdl/unisim".
# No such file or directory. (errno = ENOENT)
# ** Error: e:/program files/Model6d/win32xoem/vcom failed.
# Error in macro ./test2.fdo line 5
# e:/program files/Model6d/win32xoem/vcom failed.
# while executing
# "vcom -explicit -93 "Disp_d.vhf""

Added after 1 minutes:

Does modelsim provide any student licenses for the se version?

picoblaze c compiler

Library already exists ... failed to access unisim ... Those errors sound like ModelSim/Xilinx configuration or operation problems, probably unrelated to PicoBlaze. Are you able to successfully simulate other projects containing Xilinx library parts?

Hopefully someone else familiar with ModelSim XE can answer your question.

I don't know about student licenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back