Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is difference between.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mannnish

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
divergence and curl of a vector
stoke's theorem and divergence theorem
motional and transformer induction

Hello !

1. Divergence is an opertator of transformaing a vecotr to scalr (del(A))
and Curl is vector multiplication of the del op. with any given vector: del X A
(the del op. is called also sa nabla and its defined is the parlty derivative of the x, y and z componnent).
the reusltent is a vector which prependicualr to the two multiplied vectors (in our case the del op. vector and the A vector)

2. The Stoke's Theoremrelates a clused line integration to a surfcace area bounding it.
and the Divergence Theorem relates the closed surface of a body to its volume by the div. op.

About the 3rd pair - I don't know !

Hoped I helped !

3. Motional and transformer EMF:

Motional EMF is the emf induced due to the relative motion between magnetic flux lines (whether of fixed field or not) and a conductor, [i.e. like moving a coil in a magnetic field, like that which is induced in a generator]; while the transformer emf is the induced emf by electromagnetic couplying between two objects, which don't move relative to each other, due to time-varying current, volt or magnetic field in one of the objects.[i.e. Like that in the transformer]
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.