Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage and current controlled devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

sreejith

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is there anyone have some documents or links that explains-how the active devices(like scr, transistor, triac diac etc.) are voltage or current controlled devices, with the help of there V-I characteristics..?
then please help me...

thanks in advance.. :D

i suggest u go through microelectronics circuit by sedra and smith book or a better way u look in www.malvino.com which explains u electronics topics with animations. i dont know if the topic u needed is there or not but its very good site for students in electronics sector

FET and OPAMP are voltage controlled device whereas BJT is current controlled device.

u can reffer to basic electronic book ...... by metha ,molvina , boylstead...ect..
cmos,FET's , r voltage controlled
bjt is current controlled ..
voltage controlled devices consume less power

thanks to all for replying to this topic :)

However i actually know what are volt and current controlled devices. What i actually need is some V-I chara graphs which explains how they behave as voltage and current control devices (ie.,with the help of graph)

i found nothing like that from net. If anyone found anything useful plz help me by posting that here

Status
Not open for further replies.