Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[HelpMe] Job Choose Problem

Is it a good choose to begin like digital designer ?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OvErFlO

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys, I have a big problem... I need to decide my first job and I need to understand by what kind of job start.

I have done a stage of one years half in FPGA (VHDL programming), VHDL Testbench, Analog Design and PCB Design (a whole system).

Now I received an employ offer to work on System On Chip, but to write test-cases in C, Assembler or read VHDL testbech to traslate it in C code or make perl scripts.
I think this job is nearly a Software engineer not a Hardware engineer.

Now, my questions are :
What are my prospective to become a Senior Digital Designer if I'll accept this job?
Every digital designer has begun in this way ?

If I start with this job I'll remain forever to do this testcase or is it a good way to start ?

great thank for every advice.

Hi dear,

I am a Embedded Software Engineer now a days ... working in C ... and doing development in Dsp and Embedded in pakistan

Actually I am a Computer Engineer specialization in VLSI and Digital(FPGA, HDL etc) and Embedded Designing and from last 7 month I am in Embedded industry

I feel, job of Developer is much better than Quality assurance or testing ... although development also involve too much testing but in development you keep learning and growing ... and so improve more rapidly

so my suggestion would be to be ono developing side ...

secondly ... i feel Designing and developing in Digital (FPGA , HDL) or in Embedded (Ucontroller, C) is much much better than VLSI ....... as its not boring and also have more growing chances

These are just my thoughts ... as you have your mind , your life ... so beter to learn, think and then take your own decision:D

Status
Not open for further replies.