Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

half controlled SCR rectifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadandonmez

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
half controlled rectifier using scr

I want to design a half controlled SCR rectifier with PIC16f877 for driving a 15kW DC motor. is it possible? what do you suggest me to do? I have problems about firing thyristor and turning them off. they are not GTOs. I found TCA785 IC for single phase half controlled rectifier control. is it a good choice? what is the other possibilities? Should I use pulse transformer or MOC3021/51? Is there a sample circuit? for 15kW dc motor,at the end of the positive cycle, does thyritor turn off by self commutation or should I use forced commutation?

thanks...

motor control rectifier scr pulse transformer

Use step down transformer to covert 230v AC to 5V & give it to Zero crossing detector OPAMP i.t TL082P .ZCD convert AC to Square wave. Give sq. wave output of ZCD to intergrator. Compare out put of integrator with ref. volt which give the pulse. And the pulse with the timer out put & give it to opto isolator & give out put of opto isolator to Gate Cathode of thyristor.

Added after 3 minutes:

also fo 15kw dc motor select the hald controlled rectifier having current capacity more than 80A.

semikton , thosiba are the supplier of the such power thyristor & IGBT

4251 rectifier

Usual opto-tricas (e. g. MOC302x) are more sensitive to voltage transients than thyristors, so it would considerably degrade the circuit performance. Pulse transformers are the traditional solution.

Depending on the motor type a series inductance may be required to limit the rate of current increase to a bearable value, e. g. to meet the thyristor specification.

control scr rectifier circuit

we have used IL4218 for the thyristor firing .find the attached datasheet.

half controlled scr

we have used IL4218 for the thyristor firing .find the attached datasheet.

pulse out - IL4218 led - isolated DIAC - output Gate-kathode thyristor 1 (positive cycle

pulse out - IL4218 led - isolated DIAC - output Gate-kathode thyristor 2(negative cycle

scr rectifier

The IL4218 should be suitable for thyristor control. I would use a snubber anyway, as suggested in the datasheet. Also, the optotriac output should have a series diode to prevent from triggering with negative thyristor input voltage, otherwise the circuit could be destroyed. umery2k75 recently demonstrated how to with a moc3020 and a thyristor.

I have used application control circuit for TCA785.
the symitrical type schema used in our application.
can you plaese give the half controlled rectifier schematic for tca785?

Reactions: gokhan

gokhan

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
in which condition that we choose pulse transformer or opto-triacs for triggering?

Status
Not open for further replies.