Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

solar powered 12V car battery charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

atmjr

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
12v solar car battery charger circuit

how can a (solar powered 12V car battery charger) be good??
what will i consider about the goodness of a charger...

scheme car battery charger

First off you would need a panel which can give you 15V and sufficient amps (2-5) to charge your battery. Automotive batteries are rated for 20 amphour. so for 45ah battery, the max charge current is 45/20. That is around 2.25A. The battery (fully discharged) would take 20 Hrs to reach full charge.You can ofcourse charge at double this rate, but not more than that as it is going to reduce the life of your battery.
Next you would require a charge controller between the panel and the battery. A parallel type is preferred as it is less dissipative.Also control circuit to follow the lead acid battery charging algorithm. Also a charge cutoff circuit when the battery has reached full charge.
A three stage charge control scheme would be fine.There are also advanced advanced technology like pulse charging, which you can consider and add later.

research paper on solar powered car

i want to make a 12V car battery charger for my research paper...
i already have a 12V solar panel,,,
i want a fast and reliabe charger coz i will use the battery for a UPS...
i need papers on how to make a good and reliable battery charger...

thanks in advans...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back