Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED Digital Score Board For Football Match

Status
Not open for further replies.

wmyatthu

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
football match countdown timer

Dear Sir,
I want to build a LED digital score board for football match that shows team's name and score. And I also want to build a digital clock with timer. So, please guide me how can I start my project. Thanks.

small digital football score board

Try to get Silicone Chip magazine, issues from March and April 2005 ..
https://www.siliconchip.com.au/cms/A_103978/article.html
https://www.siliconchip.com.au/cms/A_104172/article.html
There you will find detailed description of a ScoreBoard with the following features:
Electronic Scoreboard: Main Features
Four separate displays for Home and Away team scores (0-199), current game period (1-2-3-4-E) and the period countdown timer.
Display digits are all 130mm high and are formed using high-brightness 10mm LEDs (four per digit segment). The team score displays are in green, the current period in orange and the timer displays in red for easy reading.
The period countdown timer display shows minutes and seconds during most of each game period but automatically changes over to seconds and 1/10 seconds during the last minute of play. The end of each game period is also signalled by a brief burst of sound from a piezo siren.
All scoreboard functions are controlled by a small wireless console which can be located at almost any convenient location inside the court.
Console buttons allow easy addition of 3, 2 or 1 points to the score of either team, along with the ability to subtract 1 from either team's score in the event of penalties and scoring disputes.
Console features extra buttons to start the next game period, stop the countdown timer (Time Out) or restart it again (Time In) - plus a pair of buttons which must be pressed together to reset the scoreboard for a new game. This last pair of buttons must be pressed together twice, to confirm that you really do want to reset the board (which should prevent you accidentally wiping the scores and timers clean.
Unit can be set up to play according to either NBA, FIBA (International) or NCAA basketball rules. This is done by setting DIP switches inside the console.
Both the scoreboard and the control console operate from 12V DC - eg, from either 12V plug pack supplies or 12V batteries. There are no dangerous voltages anywhere inside. This also means they can be used in areas where there is no mains power.

Regards,
IanP

vb6 football score board

Thanks for your help. However I cannot buy this article because I live in Myanmar where there is no credit card and online payment system. But thanks for your help.

digitil score display board

hi
led based digital score board is a big project, in india these project costs between one million to two million indian currency. so these are almost closed source code based project.
on my previous company they did make a project like this for 1.9 million indian rupee.

ther we used vb6 based pc software for control the display board via serial port.
the main display board used at89c52, shift register 4094 and lots of LED

actually it is easy. but ther is hardware cost involved.

arnab

digital scoreboard project

hi dear do'nt be disopointed
that is not as huge as million rupees etc
i have made this project my self
just tell me the size (height ,width and number of digits.
if this is 2 feet high and 2 digits for score board and 4 digit clock/timer.then it will cost about 2000 to 3000 $.
if you have this much amount, tell again.then i will tell u more.

score display for football match

hi dear do'nt be disopointed
that is not as huge as million rupees etc
i have made this project my self
just tell me the size (height ,width and number of digits.
if this is 2 feet high and 2 digits for score board and 4 digit clock/timer.then it will cost about 2000 to 3000 $.
if you have this much amount, tell again.then i will tell u more.

build digital led countdown timer

Thanks for your reply.

project on digital scoreboard

hi
look at the led moving message display discussion

and follow this technology.

and as for price for hardware 1us$=(+/-)50RS (rupee) . plus tax for project and different marketing expanses plus maintainance cost......and so on for a industrial project.

well, start from a little project and follow the circuit from the above link

arnab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back